We are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information which we receive from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UAE.
What information we collect about you
When you register on our website, we collect your name, address, email address, contact number and content preference information. We collect information from cookies and similar software which allows us to understand how you come to our websites. We obtain some information from google analytics and Facebook. The Facebook information provided is limited and only that which you have previously agreed with Facebook that they can share. We will also collect your Account / Registration Information such as username and password, reminder questions and answers, as well as communications preferences – signing up for newsletter, registering for an offer or an experience. In addition, we will also collect demographic and location data such as age, gender, marital status, occupation, address, city and postal address.
How we will use your personal information
We will use your personal information for several purposes
- To process your requests and subscriptions and provide you with the Digital Services, including delivery of customized content or recommendations.
- To provide personalized communications.
- For communications purposes, including sending you marketing and promotional communications as well as we may show you relevant advertising on third party websites.
- To analyze how you and others interact and respond to the Digital Services and for research to improve our services and events offered.
- To register you as a new customer when you purchase a subscription, event ticket or other product or service from us or when you create an account on our website in order to access one of our services.
- To enable you to participate in product trials, events, awards, surveys, and to provide you with products or awards when applicable.
To provide you with marketing via email, telephone, SMS or text, social media and other applicable digital channels (including Facebook Custom Audiences and Google Custom Match)
We use your personal information to update you about new products/services by post and email. We will only contact you with your consent. You will provide this information when you fill in a form or by signing up to a newsletter.
We may use your personal information to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram). This could involve showing you targeted advertisement messages.
To deliver advertising and content to you as well as measure results and effectiveness of such content.
To personalize content, services and communications delivered to you
Disclosure of user information with third parties
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of providing you with our events and services. These third parties include payment processors, providers of card validation services, email distribution, ad servicing, list processing, cloud computing and managing sweepstakes, competitions, promotions or events and service providers who assist us with hosting our marketing/advertising campaigns.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information, this website is not aimed at under 16’s.
How we protect your information
Once we have received your personal information, we will take all necessary steps to ensure that it is treated in accordance with any applicable laws. Unfortunately, there is a risk that any information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
You are responsible for keeping any confidential passwords or login details which you selected, or which were allocate to you.
Third Party Websites
How long we hold your Information
Some of the personal information you provide to us is necessary in order to verify your identity when signing in to use an account or providing our events and services to you. This information will be kept for as long as you remain a registered user or an active subscriber.
You have the following rights in respect your personal information:
- You have a right to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate.
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Withdraw Content to any processing that is currently being done under your consent for example advertising.
- Deleting your information. You can request that we delete your personal information.
- Right to object to processing. You are entitled to request that we stop processing your data for marketing and advertising as well as not to analyze your information for targeted content etc. (also known as profiling).
If you have any queries about privacy, or wish to update your details or action any of your data rights, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org Privacy statement updated 1st of January 2021.